Duster Bowl Wood Bat Tournament Rules
All games will be played under Washington State and National American Jr. Legion rules with the following exceptions;
All games will be 7 innings with the following time limits;
- Friday and Saturday pool games will have a 1:50 drop dead (final score will be whatever score is at 1:50. (Final score will not resort back to previous full inning)
- Saturday quarterfinal games will have a 2:00hr drop dead time limit (final score will be whatever score is at 2:00hr. (Final score will not resort back to previous full inning)
- Semifinals and Championship games will have no time limit.
- There will be no ties in bracket play.
- At end of regulation play, Kansas City Tie Breaker will be in effect. Runner on 2nd (last batter out), one out.
- Players and coaches must be in uniform. No skull cap necessary for coaches.
- Pitch count rules do not apply except for maximum pitch count for a pitcher is 105 pitches per day. No rest requirements.
- Tournament Director has the option to shorten or change game times due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Game duration limitations may change based on number of final teams entered.
Home team will be decided as follows.
- Pepsi-Cola Dusters and Kennewick Phantoms will be the home team for all their pool play games and will occupy the 1st base dugout.
- All other games on Friday and Saturday pool games, home team is first team listed on schedule. Visitor gets dugout choice.
- Home Team for Bracket Play will be determined by the higher seed and will choose Home or Visitor. Higher seed chooses dugout with the exception of the Dusters and Phantoms being able to have their home dugout if applicable.
8 run rule after 5 innings of play.
All protests must be immediate and run through tournament site director Kyle Wright, Cell number 509-627-8247. At Roy Johnson and Lapierre Field there will be a site representative that will contact the Tournament Director for any protests. Decisions by these individuals are final.
- Win/Loss record
- Head to head competition
- Least runs allowed
- Runs scored (Max 8 runs per game)
- Run differential (Max 8 runs per game)
- Least plate appearances from opposing Teams (official score keeper records only)
- If teams are still tied the final option will be a coin flip
These two teams have the volunteers at Roy Johnson and LaPierre Field, therefore accommodating the locations will ensure a smooth tournament. All updates will be posted on the Duster’s Website (http://www.kennewickdustersbaseball.org).
No infield/outfield before games. Ground balls/fly balls are allowed before the game in outfield grass only. Batting cages are available for use.
- Cages will be available 1 hour prior to game time.
- Each team will have 20 minutes in the cages.
Courtesy runner will be allowed for catcher/pitcher at any time. Runner must be ready to speed up the game.
**The Tournament Director at that field will rule on all situations not covered above and his decision will be final. Kyle Wright at LaPierre Field is the main Tournament Director for the entire tournament.
**Attention Parents/Fans No Pets are allowed inside field gate, parking lot is ok
Concession Stand available only cash accepted
Please be mindful of residential neighbors and drive accordingly
Fields: Lapierre Field Roy Johnson
299 Lesa Marie Ln 288 W. 8th Ave
Kennewick, WA 99336 Kennewick, WA 99336
Checks made out to: KENNEWICK DUSTERS BASEBALL
Please send checks to:
100105 Hillview Drive
Kennewick, WA 99338
For more information please contact: