Duster Bowl Wood Bat Tournament Rules
All games will be played under Washington State and National American Jr. Legion rules with the following exceptions;
All games will be 7 innings with the following time limits;
• Friday and Saturday games will have a 2 hour time limit. No new inning
• Sunday and Monday games will have a 1 hour, 45 minute time limit. No new inning
• Semi-finals and Championship games on Monday will have no time limit.
• There will be no ties.
• At end of regulation play or time limit (if tied) Kansas City Tie Breaker will be in effect. Runner on 2nd (last batter out), one out.
• Players and coaches must be in uniform. No skull cap necessary for coaches.
• Pitch count rules do not apply except for maximum pitch count for a pitcher is 105 pitches per day. No rest requirements.
• Tournament Director has the option to shorten or change game times due to unforeseen circumstances.
Home team will be decided as follows.
· Pepsi-Cola Dusters and Kennewick Phantoms will be the home team for all their games and will occupy the 1st base dugout for Friday and Saturday games.
· All other games on Friday and Saturday, home team decided by coin flip before each game. Visitor gets dugout choice.
· Home Team for Bracket Play (Sunday and Monday) will be determined by the higher seed determining if they want Home or Visitor. Higher seed choses dugout. ·
8 run rule after 5 innings of play.
All protests must be immediate and run through tournament site director Ben Lindholm, Cell number 509-205-9562. At Roy Johnson and Lapierre Field there will be a site representative that will contact the Tournament Director for any protests. Decisions by these individuals are final.
· Win/Loss record
· Head to head competition
· Least runs allowed
· Runs scored (Max 8 runs per game)
· Least plate appearances from opposing Teams (official score keeper records only)
· If teams are still tied the final option will be a coin flip
Sunday and Monday field locations will not be determined until the Pepsi-Cola Dusters and Kennewick Phantoms seeding and game schedule is determined. These two teams have the volunteers at Roy Johnson and LaPierre Field, therefore accommodating the locations will ensure a smooth tournament. All updates will be posted on the Duster’s Website (http://www.kennewickdustersbaseball.org).
No infield/outfield before games. Ground balls/fly balls are allowed before the game in outfield grass only. Batting cages are available for use.
· Cages will be available 1 hour prior to game time.
· Each team will have 20 minutes in the cages.
Courtesy runner will be allowed for catcher/pitcher at any time. Runner must be ready to speed up the game.
**The Tournament Director at that field will rule on all situations not covered above and his decision will be final. Ben Lindholm at LaPierre Field is the main Tournament Director for the entire tournament.
-No Pets are allowed inside field gate, parking lot is ok
-Concession Stand available only cash accepted
-Please be mindful of residential neighbors and drive accordingly
Fields: Lapierre Field Roy Johnson
299 Lesa Marie Ln 100 W. 8th Ave
Kennewick, WA 99336 Kennewick, WA 99336